The mission of the Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists (ATSS) is to organize, educate, and professionally certify our world-wide membership in order to assist those affected by trauma.
- We acknowledge that individuals, families, groups, communities, or nations can be overwhelmed by traumatic events and experience traumatic reactions.
- We are an organization of people caring for people at all levels of intervention and support.
- We will do no harm.
- We will promote human well-being.
- We will be fair.
- We will fulfill commitments.
- We will strive to model empathic, engaged, responsive interaction and a high degree of professionalism.
- We will engage in acts intended to assist in the normative healing processes of trauma recovery through multiple levels of interaction.
- We are sensitive to and respectful in our interventions with persons who have experienced trauma.