ATSS members represent a diversity of occupations, skills and interests. They are actively involved in crisis response and communication, trauma treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other reactions to traumatic events. They provide services and support to a variety of traumatized populations. ATSS members include first responders, emergency preparedness staff, peer counselors, victim assistance staff, the clergy and chaplaincy, addiction and recovery specialists, military personnel, Vet Center staff, psychologists, grief counselors, social workers, marriage and family counselors, hospice and medical staff, school and college counselors, employee assistance and others engaged in helping victims and survivors of traumatic events.
ATSS offers a number of valuable benefits to our members. Our most prestigious member benefit is an opportunity to earn professional recognition for work, training and experience in trauma treatment, response and services. Our three international certifications were created by experienced trauma specialists for individuals representing a number of disciplines. Additional member benefits include:
- Professional development opportunities - Information about seminars, a directory of on-line courses and educational opportunities for your professional growth and recognition;
- Professional recognition through international certification for eligible member applicants in three areas: trauma response, treatment and service;
- ATSS online Membership Directory that allows you to connect with your peers and find support;
- Demonstrated dedication and commitment to ethical comportment in treatment, services and response with our ATSS Code of Ethics;
- Opportunities to sponsor others seeking certification and earn valuable discounts and credits for this service.
- Opportunities to volunteer and to participate on our board of directors or in other capacities that help ATSS acomplish its mission;
- Opportunities to promote your or your organization's trauma-focused education and training events;
- Educational and experience recognition for practice and learning consistent with ATSS certification requirements;
- Affiliation with an international professional network of skilled trauma specialists, and opportunities to network and collaborate with other trauma specialists;
- Access to current events in our field with trauma-specific links and resources;
- ATSS Trauma Lines e-blog (coming soon) and broadcast emails;
- Reduced organization/team memberships and conference fees for staff and volunteers; students and seniors.
Becoming or remaining a member is easy.
You may also pay by credit card for your ATSS Membership online via Eventbrite, below. ATSS uses Eventbrite, an internet platform, to sell tickets to our "events" such as ATSS Memberships and ATSS Certifications.
Check out our reduced membership rates for Students and Seniors (65+ years young)!