ATSS members represent a diversity of occupations, skills and interests. They include emergency first responders, peer counselors, victim assistance staff, emergency preparedness and disaster workers, child and adult victim advocates, fire fighters, the clergy and chaplaincy, public safety officers, addictions and recovery specialists, psychiatrists, military personnel, Vet Center staff, psychologists, grief counselors, social work, marriage and family counselors, hospice staff, medical staff, school and college counselors, employee assistance and others engaged in helping victims and survivors heal. ATSS members are actively involved in crisis intervention and disaster management, victim services, emergency and trauma response and longer-term treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other reactions to traumatic events.
ATSS offers a number of valuable benefits to our members. Our most prestigious member benefit is an opportunity to earn professional recognition for your work, training and experience in trauma treatment, crisis response and management, crisis intervention and trauma services. Our three international certifications were created by experienced trauma specialists for individuals representing a number of disciplines. You may be eligible for designation as a Certified Trauma Responder (CTR), Certified Trauma Specialist (CTS) or Certified Trauma Services Specialist (CTSS). Our member benefits include:
- International certification for eligible member applicants, with recognition as a Certified Trauma Responder (CTR), Certified Trauma Specialist (CTS), and/or Certified Trauma Services Specialist (CTSS).
- Individual memberships with reduced membership rates for students and seniors.
- Organization/Team Membership - (Organizations are eligible for reduced membership and conference fees for staff and volunteers)
- Discount subscription rate to International Journal of Emergency Mental Health (Subscribe)
- ATSS Online Membership Directory
- ATSS Code of Ethics
- Discounts for ATSS Conferences
- Opportunities to volunteer as certification sponsors, conference support staff, on our board, or in other capacities that helps ATSS acomplish its mission.
- Continuing education recognition from professional associations for ATSS sponsored training and education events
- Affiliation with an international professional network of skilled trauma specialists
- One vote at ATSS elections
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with other specialists
- Trauma-specific links and resources
- ATSS e-Newsletter, Trauma Lines
- Broadcast emails
- Member recognition opportunities
- Promotion of your trauma-focused education and training events
Download printable mail in Membership Application here. (PDF - 380Kb)
ATSS Membership 2014 (New and Renewal)