ATSS members represent a diversity of occupations, skills and interests. They are actively involved in crisis communication, the treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and other reactions to traumatic events.
Our members include first responders, peer counselors, victim assistance staff, emergency preparedness and disaster workers, fire fighters, the clergy and chaplaincy, public safety officers, addictions and recovery specialists, military personnel, Vet Center staff, psychologists, grief counselors, social workers, marriage and family counselors, hospice and medical staff, school and college counselors, employee assistance and others engaged in helping victims and survivors heal.
ATSS offers a number of valuable benefits to our members. Our most prestigious member benefit is an opportunity to earn professional recognition for your work, training and experience in trauma treatment, crisis response and management, crisis intervention and trauma services. Our three international certifications were created by experienced trauma specialists for individuals representing a number of disciplines. Other member benefits include:
- A demonstration of commitment to your profession;
- Professional development opportunities - Information about seminars, a directory of on-line courses and educational opportunities for your professional growth and recognition;
- Professional recognition through international certification for eligible member applicants in three areas: trauma response, treatment and service;
- ATSS website online Membership Directory that allows you to connect with your peers and find support;
- Demonstrated dedication and commitment to ethical comportment in treatment, services and response with our ATSS Code of Ethics;
- Opportunities to mentor others to those seeking certification;
- Opportunities volunteer at ATSS conferences, participate on our board of directors, or in other capacities that help ATSS acomplish its mission;
- Continuing education recognition from for ATSS sponsored training and education events;
- Affiliation with an international professional network of skilled trauma specialists, and opportunities to network and collaborate with other trauma specialists;
- Gain access to current events in our field with trauma-specific links and resources;
- ATSS Trauma Lines e-blog (coming soon) and broadcast emails;
- Member recognition and voting privileges;
- Opportunities to promote your trauma-focused education and training events;
- Reduced organization/team membership and conference fees for staff and volunteers;
- Reduced membership rates for students and seniors;
- Discounts to ATSS sponsored conferences.
Becoming a member is easy. Purchase your membership here on line. If paying by check, download and mail the Membership Application to ATSS headquarters.
You may also pay for your ATSS Membership (New and Renewal) online via Eventbrite, below. ATSS uses Eventbrite, an internet platform, to sell tickets to "events" such as Memberships and Certifications.
And, check out our new reduced membership rates for Students and Seniors!