ATSS is an international organization dedicated to recognizing professional excellence in services, support and treatment of individuals impacted by traumatic events.
Benefits of ATSS membership include:
- Networking opportunities;
- Access to trauma-focused research, publications and resources;
- An online membership directory;
- Access to information about training, education and on-line trauma focused courses;
- Professional recognition for your training, education, and experience with an international certification that recognizes your particular area of expertise in treatment, response, or services.
- Assistance with certification application preparation through our certification sponsor program;
ATSS offers three professional certifications:
The Certified Trauma Treatment Specialist (CTTS) designation is appropriate for counselors and treatment specialists, facilitators of trauma recovery groups, hypnotherapists, art or drama therapists, individuals who provide Thought Field Therapy, Traumatic Incident Reduction, EMDR, meridian based therapies, individual, group and/or family counseling to trauma survivors. The applicant must have a Masters or Doctorate degree in a mental health field or a clinical license to practice, or current practice permit registration.
The Certified Trauma Responder (CTR) designation is appropriate for those engaged in critical incident response and intervention, group crisis intervention, debriefing, or emergency response. Certifications entitle members to be recognized as having met a rigorous standard of educational and experiential requirements in the field of trauma services.
The Certified Trauma Services Specialist (CTSS) designation is appropriate for those engaged in services and assistance to victims and survivors and co-victims of traumatic incidents. Services and support can include: peer counseling, advocacy, crisis support, mission-work, response, victim services, crisis response, pastoral care, hospice, treatment, and crisis intervention.