Certificate in Trauma Counseling
This series is a multidisciplinary training program for those who work with trauma survivors of abuse, violence, war, accident, crime and disaster. It consists of 84 clock hours of classroom instruction presented in two 42-hour courses.
It is available online as well as in person.
Both online and face-to-face courses are taught by Christine Dunning.
Solutions On Site, an Ontario-based organization, delivers targeted training opportunities designed to complement and enhance the skill sets of social workers, therapists, psychologists, mental health care providers, child youth workers, chaplains and other professionals in Health, Social and Human services.
Internationally renowned facilitators demonstrate skill-based training methods and offer practical strategies and solutions that are proven effective in addressing the barriers and challenges of supporting clients with diverse needs and issues.
Save on travel expenses, accommodation costs and the time commitment involved in attending out of town training events. Many quality workshops will be offered in the London area at reasonable rates. Group rates are also available.
Choose from a variety of training topics or let us know your specific training interests.
This section of the Learning Center provides free access to NCTSN experts and up-to-date, science-based information in the areas of assessment, treatment and services, training, research and evaluation, and organizational and systems change for traumatized children, adolescents, and their families.
Continuing education credits are available for many courses in this expanding online catalog that has been developed for mental health professionals, parents and caregivers, policymakers, and others who work with and care about children and adolescents.
The International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, Inc. (ICISF) is a non-profit, open membership foundation dedicated to the prevention and mitigation of disabling stress through the provision:
- Education, training and support services for all Emergency Services professions;
- Continuing education and training in Emergency Mental Health Services for Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers and Licensed Professional Counselors; and
- Consultation in the establishment of Crisis and Disaster Response Programs for varied organizations and
Help for Victims and Persons Experiencing PTSD
If you are experiencing complications from a previous trauma or victimization, please contact Gift From Within (GFW). GFW is an international non-profit organization dedicated to those who suffer post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD),those at risk for PTSD, and those who care for traumatized individuals. GFW helps everyone with PTSD by sharing ideas, improving morale, and reducing the stigma of the diagnosis and its treatment. GFW was founded by Dr. Frank Ochberg, an expert in the field of traumatic stress. Please visit us at www.giftfromwithin.org
International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies Online CEUs offerings
ISTSS is an international multidisciplinary, professional membership organization that promotes advancement and exchange of knowledge about severe stress and trauma. This knowledge includes understanding the scope and consequences of traumatic exposure, preventing traumatic events and ameliorating their consequences, and advocating for the field of traumatic stress.
Victim Assistance Training (VAT) Onlineis a 19 module victim assistance training and education resource of the US Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime (ovc.gov). It provides engaging, up-to-date information and activities to develop and enhance skills of victim service professionals.
VAT Online is a basic victim advocacy Web-based training program that offers victim service providers and allied professionals the opportunity to acquire the basic skills and knowledge they need to better assist victims of crime. There are four sections to this training:
- Basics, which includes information that all victim service providers must know, including victims' rights and the justice systems, that provide a foundation for victim services.
- Core Knowledge and Skills, including modules on communication, confidentiality, and advocacy.
- Crimes, including the characteristics, prevalence and other information about 20 crimes.
- Special Populations, including information and skills to serve specific populations such as LBGTQ populations or campus / university victims of crime.
Take the Training
Already registered? Take Course.
Let Others Know About This Training
Download Flier (pdf, 1.9MB) to print and distribute.
Link to Us from your Web site.
EMDR therapy is a specialized approach that requires supervised training for full therapeutic effectiveness and client safety. The training will consist of lecture, live and videotaped demonstrations and supervised practice. The format of this workshop has been designed by the originator of EMDRtherapy, Francine Shapiro, PhD. The workshop leaders have been individually selected and trained by her to provide the comprehensive information necessary for appropriate client selection and effective utilization of EMDR therapy. This is the workshop program which has been taught by Dr. Shapiro since 1990. EMDR Institute adheres to the ethical standards of APA, social work, nursing and mental health boards.
EMDR Institute, Inc.
PO Box 750
Watsonville, CA 95077 USA
Trauma Institute and Child Trauma Institute
Trauma Institute & Child Trauma Institute
285 Prospect St.Northampton, MA, 01060, USA Phone: (413) 774-2340
Critical Incident Response Training – Crisis Care Network Online Course Description
6 Hour video – module based in Adobe Connect,1 hour mentoring session by CCN staffers delivered via phone
Summary - This webinar “Critical Incident Response Training” will teach participants about the nature of critical incidents and best practices in organizing and effecting a response to these events. You will have the opportunity to increase and develop skills in: organizing a response, selecting the appropriate response, conducting Educational Group Briefings, One-on-Ones, and Interactive Group Briefings. You will be able to identify themes for any event and identify teaching strategies to use. You will become familiar with assisting leadership in their response, providing stress management and coping techniques, and in the importance of self-care for everyone involved.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- To increase and practice skills in:
- Organizing a response
- Selecting the appropriate responses
- Conducting Educational Group Briefings
- Conducting One-on-Ones
- Conducting Interactive Group Briefings
- To identify at least 3 common themes for any event
- To identify 3 teaching strategies
- To list 2 reasons to use an Educational Group Briefing instead of an Interactive Group Briefing
- To identify four stress management topics for Critical Incidents.
Online: Access Information below
Please note: The training will not play on iPads, Cell Phones, Mobile Devices, Nooks, Tablets
Here are some additional tips:
(1) Steps to access the training:
- Select the link (r3.adobeconnect.com)
- Enter your given user name and password
- Password is: Frazer
- Select My Trainings
- Select Open under desired training (there may only be one available to you)
- If you choose, select Training Catalog to ask to be enrolled in other webinars.
Length of the training, workshop or course in hours with start and end dates
6 Hours Video – module based in Adobe Connect, 1 hour mentoring session by CCN staffers delivered via phone
- Target audience - Master’s Prepared Mental Health Professional looking to do CIR Work
- Fee for training, workshop or course - $149.99
- Name(s) of the presenter(s)
Dennis Potter, Jeff Gorter & Judy Beahan
Crisis Care Network (CCN), 4115 Ayrshire Dr. SW, Wyoming, MI 49418, Direct: 888-736-0911 ext.3879