Professional Development Resources
Certificate in Trauma Counseling
This series is a multidisciplinary training program for those who work with trauma survivors of abuse, violence, war, accident, crime and disaster. It consists of 84 clock hours of classroom instruction presented in two 42-hour courses.
It is available online as well as in person.
Both online and face-to-face courses are taught by Christine Dunning.
Solutions On Site, an Ontario-based organization, delivers targeted training opportunities designed to complement and enhance the skill sets of social workers, therapists, psychologists, mental health care providers, child & youth workers, chaplains and other professionals in Health, Social and Human services.
Internationally renowned facilitators demonstrate skill-based training methods and offer practical strategies and solutions that are proven effective in addressing the barriers and challenges of supporting clients with diverse needs and issues.
Save on travel expenses, accommodation costs and the time commitment involved in attending out of town training events. Many quality workshops will be offered in the London area at reasonable rates. Group rates are also available.
Choose from a variety of training topics or let us know your specific training interests.
This section of the Learning Center provides free access to NCTSN experts and up-to-date, science-based information in the areas of assessment, treatment and services, training, research and evaluation, and organizational and systems change for traumatized children, adolescents, and their families.
Continuing education credits are available for many courses in this expanding online catalog that has been developed for mental health professionals, parents and caregivers, policymakers, and others who work with and care about children and adolescents.
The International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, Inc. (ICISF) is a non-profit, open membership foundation dedicated to the prevention and mitigation of disabling stress through the provision:
- Education, training and support services for all Emergency Services professions;
- Continuing education and training in Emergency Mental Health Services for Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers and Licensed Professional Counselors; and
- Consultation in the establishment of Crisis and Disaster Response Programs for varied organizations and
ISTSS is an international multidisciplinary, professional membership organization that promotes advancement and exchange of knowledge about severe stress and trauma. This knowledge includes understanding the scope and consequences of traumatic exposure, preventing traumatic events and ameliorating their consequences, and advocating for the field of traumatic stress.
Victim Assistance Training (VAT) Onlineis a 19 module victim assistance training and education resource of the US Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime (ovc.gov). It provides engaging, up-to-date information and activities to develop and enhance skills of victim service professionals.
VAT Online is a basic victim advocacy Web-based training program that offers victim service providers and allied professionals the opportunity to acquire the basic skills and knowledge they need to better assist victims of crime. There are four sections to this training:
- Basics, which includes information that all victim service providers must know, including victims' rights and the justice systems, that provide a foundation for victim services.
- Core Knowledge and Skills, including modules on communication, confidentiality, and advocacy.
- Crimes, including the characteristics, prevalence and other information about 20 crimes.
- Special Populations, including information and skills to serve specific populations such as LBGTQ populations or campus / university victims of crime.
Take the Training
Already registered? Take Course.